Image Map

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lucky

The month of March is one of my favorites.  It's the month of my daughter and husband's birthdays.  It's the month of St. Patrick's Day for this (at least partly) Irish, Catholic girl.  (BTW, please don't comment and tell me St. Patrick wasn't Irish.  Duh! I love when people think they're the first ones to discover that.)  And it's the month during which you can still wear winter clothes and they get waaaaay marked down in stores.  It also holds the beginning of spring, although it rarely feels like it in the Midwest. 

As I type this, we have yet another snowstorm heading our way. It's supposed to snow pretty much all day Sunday well into Monday morning.  My house is clean, the laundry is under control, my family is all here, and we're stocked up with food and firewood. I'm looking forward to it.  But then I start to worry about whether or not I'll have to travel on Monday to work.

Lucky for me, this is what was read at mass tonight:

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Boy, that really kicks me squarely in the butt.  I wouldn't say I'm the biggest worrywart in the world, but I can compete with the semi-pros.

These words are also a reminder to be present in the day.  Pay attention to the details. It's okay to look forward to what's coming, but don't get caught up in the worry of tomorrow.  Remember how lucky you are right here, right now.


My décor around the house is a good reminder of that.  This sign is for our front door.













 I find that I am a person who likes to decorate with words.  Go figure - a writer who likes to see words around her house.  Not that surprising, is it?   I like the word "lucky".  For me it's a synonym for "blessed" or "fortunate".  Today is where I need to live.  Today that is what I am. 

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment