Image Map

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What's Up, Wednesday?

I skipped last week's Wednesday post because, frankly, there wasn't much up.  This has been an odd summer.  I've felt kind of off-balance.  I know it's mostly because I'll be changing schools this year, but it's also the feeling that my kids are growing up.  A trip to our little zoo or Children's Museum just doesn't do it for them anymore, which leaves me feeling a little sad.   It seems harder to find fun things to do together in the area.

I've been focusing on getting prepared for the new school year.  I feel like every time I turn around  I'm hauling more stuff into work.  I really trying to be mindful of what I take in because the room was such a blank state that I didn't want to junk it up with a bunch of old, worn-out stuff.  Of course, that means I've been buying new stuff.








Friday night was wonderful.  Both kids spent the night with a friend which worked out perfectly because we had concert tickets.  We went out to eat, had some hard peach cider, and enjoyed the band.  I may be getting too old for bar concert crowds, however, as just about every person there annoyed me in some way, shape, or form.  From Dancing Girl who had No Sense of the Space Around Her to Large 20 Something Guy Making Extremely Loud Obnoxious Sounds Just Because He Can While the Band Was Playing, there were plenty of people I could have done without.  I may need to stick to tamer venues from now on.


Taken by Excessively Drunk Guy Who Wanted to Be Our New Best Friend

I finished Love That Boy by Ron Fournier.  I heard about this book because it was one of my choices for Book of the Month Club last month.  It was not what I chose to have delivered last month, but I wish I had since I ended up enjoying it much more than the choice I did have delivered, Rich and Pretty.


I also finished The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin.  I loved the book I previously read by her (The Swans of Fifth Avenue) so much that this was a must.  It did not disappoint. 


I started another book last night which is an unusual choice for me, Rebecca, by Daphne du Maurier.  The time period and style are what makes it an unusual choice, but I had heard so many good things about this book recently (so creepy and suspenseful!) that when it was $1.99 on Kindle recently, I decided to expand my horizons and give it a try.  We shall see.


Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment