Image Map

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's Up, Wednesday?

In an effort to become a little more regular in my posting, I've decided to try to do a "What's Up, Wednesday?" weekly post.  Now -  you have to read that right.  It's like you're asking Wednesday, "What's up?" like Wednesday is a real person.   Don't read it like "What's up" is an adjective for "Wednesday".  Okay?   It's important to me that you know that.  Anywho, the idea is to just share some different things that have interested me or have been going on in my life lately.  You know, things that I can't turn into a post in and of themselves, but that I do feel are worthy of snapping a picture of with my cell phone. 


I'm hoping this might anchor me to a more regular posting schedule. 


Up first: our bathroom renovation!

I wrote about being in the midst of our master bedroom half bath HERE.  We've made progress, and now this is in its most fun phase - the shopping-for-cute-stuff phase.  It was important to me to make this bathroom pretty because it so wasn't pretty before, but I also want it to be functional.  I found these glass containers at Wal-Mart and decided they would be perfect.  A bonus is that they are made in America!  They're holding cotton swabs and cotton balls, but I love the simplicity of the look. I also found this little ceramic owl container on clearance at Pier 1.  Would you believe I bought it before I knew I was going to have this tiny shelf?  It fits there so perfectly!  And it holds bobby pins like it was born to do so.  I plan on doing an updated post about the finished renovation soon. 


 Here's a sneak peek!



Next is this:




It was finally my turn on the library request list for The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.  I been waiting for this one for months and had heard many good things.  It did live up to the hype, and kept me awake too late a couple of nights in a row.


And finally... The Wizard of Oz!


Here we were - off to see the Wizard!





When my kids were little, I would take them to the children productions at a nearby theater.  They were wonderfully done and relatively inexpensive.  They were done at 10:00 A.M., right before the under six crowd gets cranky for a nap.  And you didn't have to worry about them talking out loud or fussing and bothering others in the audience because, let's face it, that's who the audience was.  Afterwards, they got to meet the characters from the play. Oh, those were good days.


But they've been too old for those for a couple of years at least.  I started taking my daughter to one regular production a year.  My son was just 7 when I started this, and I knew he was too young to sit through a two hour production, intermission or not.   He's not always enthusiastic about outings in general.  These productions are NOT what I would call inexpensive excursions, but I do think it is worth it.  Over the past three years, we've seen Annie, Cats, and The Sound of Music.  This year one of their productions was The Wizard of Oz.  I decided the boy was old enough to go this year.  He LOVED it!  I'm so glad I took him this year.  When I went in to kiss him at bedtime, he said, "Thanks for taking me to see that, Mom."  So worth every penny and he will now be making the yearly trip with us!





So that's What's Up, Wednesday!




Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment