Image Map

Saturday, December 31, 2016

December Reading Receipt

Linking up with Modern Mrs. Darcy!

Alas, December was a busy month.  I was shooting to read four books this month and only finished two.  I did make four kinds of cookies and candy though. 

This first was Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead.  This was so my kind of book.  Set in the competitive world of ballet, it had drama and beauty and mistakes and people who were not perfect.  I knew it was good when after reading five pages, I was ready to read anything else this author had written.



The second was Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance. I got tired of waiting for it from the library for over a month, so I asked my husband to buy it for me for Christmas. This got a lot of hype after the election.  This is an excellent memoir and rang several bells for me, but frankly I don't really agree that it explains the results of the election, as I saw it billed in several places. That's pretty much all I want to say about that, Forrest Gump, since the last thing I want to do is get into a discussion about the election ON THE INTERNET.  No, thank you.  I've seen way too much of that this year and far too many people who are only too comfortable typing things into a comment box that they would never have the nerve to say to someone's face.   That being said, I think this is a book that everyone should read.

So that's it for 2016.  Stay tuned for my yearly update for my Facebook group 16 Book in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment