Image Map

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

What's Up, Wednesday? Post Thanksgiving/Pre-Christmas Edition

Thanksgiving was delightful and a much needed break for family time. 



My brothers and I were inspired to recreate an old family photo:

Apparently, not much has changed.

We saw Fantastic Beasts and put up all the Christmas decorations.  




Our elf also arrived that week.  I know I'm not fooling anyone with the elf anymore (especially when I accidentally texted a list of what we needed for the elf breakfast to the girl instead of my husband like I meant to), but it's still a tradition.  I don't think they minded a bit.  I also informed my daughter the elf will still be coming out when she is home from college one day.



It's been nice this year that our kids are now old enough to enjoy some Christmas movies that are a bit more sophisticated than a 30 minute version of Frosty the Snowman.  The girl and I watched one of my favorites, A Christmas Carol, (George C. Scott edition), and both kids watched Elf with us last weekend.



The girl had her Christmas dance recital this past weekend and both kids performed in their school program this week.  Bravo!



Only 4 more days 'til break!  Our administrators gifted us today with all kinds of holiday goodies.  Love! 

And speaking of feeling appreciated...I feel like I'm really behind on my Christmas shopping. But never fear!  I threw together a little something for the heroes of my holiday shopping list, UPS and FedEx.  Honestly, I don't know how I'd get this production together if it weren't for them!  I saw this idea on Instagram and was like, "Done!"  Here's to the unsung heroes!

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment