Image Map

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

What's Up, Wednesday?

This is the time of year that I spend way too much time on my computer at work logging in not just test scores, but individual answers on tests for each student.  I could go on and on about this, but I won't.  Let's just leave it at this:


One of my students found this dinosaur in the hall one morning last week and brought it to me.  I stuck it by my keyboard, thinking someone might come in looking for this guy.  Not yet.  In the meantime he amuses me and is kind of a symbolic middle finger to all the data inputting of late.

Also, this guy had to get his yearly shots this week. I snapped a few post shot pics. They were too adorable not to share.  His face. I just can't even.


On a happier note, this week brought my birthday.  I wrote a longer post about my birthday HERE.



My book of choice this weekend was Full Dark, No Stars by The King himself. It's a book of four of his novellas. One of my all-time favorite books is Different Seasons  also by King, which is a collection of four or his novellas.  If you've never heard of Different Seasons, I bet you've seen one or two of the very successful movies it spawned, Stand by Me (based on the novella, The Body) and The Shawshank Redemption.  Yeah, those two awesome stories are by King.  I'm only one novella into Full Dark, and I'm not sure I would have gone in so willingly if I had known there were rats involved.  Too late now.     Despite the rats, I've found myself jotting down lines from this story as I go along like these:

"I remember thinking, This night will never end. And that was right. In all the important ways, it never has."

"Things had already gone wrong, and I was starting to realize that a deed is never like the dream of a deed."

Lines like these are why I'll always love Stephen King.  Rats and all.



Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment