Image Map

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

What's Up, Wednesday?

So this happened this week:


The girl got her pointe shoes for ballet.  She started ballet at four years old.  When we went to her first recital at the end of that school year, I remember watching the older girls dance up on their toes and wondering if she'd stick with dance long enough to get to that stage.  We've always left it up to her to decide if she wants to take dance each year.  Guess what?  That time has arrived.  

Snow!  We had snow this week, although not much in the way of accumulation.  We had snow showers Monday and all day Tuesday.  At one point, I snapped this photo of the windows of my classroom because it was like being inside a snowglobe all day.  


(Yes, I am lucky enough to have a view of the dumpster from my classroom.  It's a big deal when they come to empty that during school hours.  Jealous much?)


Yesterday was Mardis Gras.  I ordered a King's cake from a local bakery, and wow.  Wow.  That thing was de-lish.  The baby is still hiding in there because we couldn't finish the whole thing in one night.  But that wasn't because I didn't do my part.


And finally, I have several books from my last library trip that are due on the 22nd, but then this came Monday.  I've decided to read it instead of any of the last haul since Valentine's Day is coming up.  I saw that the movie version of this starring the great Emilia Clarke from my beloved Game of Thrones is coming out soon.   I doubt she'll be eating any horse hearts in this movie from what I've read so far, but I'd still like to see it.



Kim

1 comment:

  1. Pointe shoes! So exciting. I remember when my little cousin got hers. Enjoy Me Before You!

    ReplyDelete