Image Map

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

What's Up, Wednesday?

A few things this week...



There are certain movies I wait to introduce my kids to at the right time.  With the remake of the Ghostbusters debut pending (Why????  If it ain't broke...), I knew it was time to bust out the original.  For $5 at Wal-Mart, I procured the DVD.  It had been years since I saw it.  Bill Murray is it.  And my kids loved it.

Pokémon Go. Yes, we've been playing it.  My son has been a Pokémon fan for a while as you can see from this post about his birthday party, so it was a must.  We went over some ground rules, the first of which was - you never go out Pokémon hunting without an adult.  As we were walking around our neighborhood one night last week, an older neighbor of ours we've never met was out in her yard.  She stopped us, brought out her phone, and quizzed us about how to play. The boy gave her a good 15 minute tutorial about Pokémon Go.  Halfway through it, he said, "Oh, and you never go out looking for Pokémon by yourself."  Guess he was listening.




I devoured Melanie Benjamin's The Swans of Fifth Avenue.  Such a great read!



Finally, we took a short vacation this week.  There was not a lot on the agenda for this vacation.  As the kids get older, I find it harder to plan things they'll both enjoy. So we kept things very simple -  swimming, kayaking, hiking, and relaxing.  That was really all.  When in doubt, keep it as simple as possible.






Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment