Image Map

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

What's Up, Wednesday?

September!  What's up?  The temperature.



You know how some people get so frustrated at the end of winter and complain about being ready for spring?  They are so DONE with winter.  Yeah, that's the way I am about summer every year, but this one in particular has been nasty this week.  We're back to school in a building with no air conditioning or cross-ventilation, and the temperature and humidity were both hovering around the 90's ALL WEEK.  Buh-bye, summer.  You need to GO!  I am so DONE with you.  Ready for fall now, thanks.  The one saving grace for the week was the fact that I planned either a crockpot meal or freezer meal for the entire week. My husband normally cooks dinner because he gets off work earlier than me and picks up the kids.  Lately though, he's had all kinds of opportunities for overtime.  The extra money has been wonderful, but it also means he drops the kids off at my work and I have to get home and make dinner.  I can't tell you the relief I felt when I came home and had very little to do for dinner.

    Pulled pork tonight!



In other non-weather related news, we went to the annual hot air balloon festival in my Dan's hometown this weekend. The temps were perfect on Saturday, and the balloons were flying.





I don't know how he does it, but Dan always snags free t-shirts whenever they are shooting them out of a cannon.  He managed to get 3 this time.


    The boy, modeling one of the free t-shirts



What else?  You guys, this stuff.  Seriously.



Our local Friar Tuck had a free hard root beer tasting this Saturday.  This tastes like root beer but with a warm embrace at the end.  I highly recommend.
  
And one last thing - more flowers!  I've found a great vendor at one of our local Farmer's Markets.  This week they had teddy bear sunflowers.  I have no willpower when it comes to resisting teddy bear sunflowers.  And I'm not ashamed to admit it.  


Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment