Image Map

Sunday, June 12, 2016

#LetsGo

I've been a huge Cubs fan my whole life which makes this season all the more exciting for me.  Back in April, I told my husband (also a Cubs fan his whole life, natch) that we needed to go to Wrigley to see them play since this was going to the The Year.  He had never been to Wrigley before and agreed.  I had been to Wrigley several times, but it's been 20+ years since then.  We also decided it was time to start schooling our kids on the right team to root for.

Back in October...#LetsGo

The thing about going to a MLB game is that it's not an inexpensive proposition.  I was totally behind spending the money to give them the experience.  It's just hard to count on it being a positive experience (i.e.  - good weather, a win) when you have to purchase tickets so far in advance.  Nevertheless, I took a gamble and bought our tickets back in May for a June game, not knowing what the weather would be like or who would be pitching.


Turns out, I won the bet big time.  We had a GORGEOUS day - sunny, but not too hot, blue sky, and a wonderful breeze.  The weather couldn't have been better. As we walked a few blocks from the parking lot, we admired the architecture and well-tended landscaping in Wrigleyville.  My daughter was so impressed she asked, "Are there colleges here?"  Our seats were under the upper deck, keeping us from messing with sunscreen or squinty eyes.  And OMG, Wrigley has been updated in the last 20 years.  There are now huge video screens to watch replays and little vignettes about the players in between the top and bottom of each inning.

On our way to the Windy City


   Waiting to get in - It was tote bag day!



   Ball park food is the BEST!

The best part was, THE CUBS WON that day.  They've been winning like crazy this season, but I was really hoping I didn't pick the off day when they would lose.  My kids aren't really into baseball or the Cubs, but by the end of this game they were jumping out of their seats, cheering along with the rest of the crowd.  I know it's a day they'll remember fondly.  That was worth the price of admission right there.

    #LetsGo

Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment