Image Map

Sunday, November 13, 2016

What's Up, Wednesday? : Sunday Edition (No, I'm Not Kidding.)

It's been a long time (August, to be exact) since I've done one of these posts that I used to do regularly. The more time that passed, the more reluctant I was to do one because I was so behind.  But no more!  I miss doing this, so I'm going to bite the nail and get back to it with one gigantic super happy fun post.

Okay, that might have been a bit of an overstatement.  But I am going to get back to it.

First of all, THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  This was me.  Me and Kris Bryant.  But we're both celebrating the last out that preceded the Cubs winning the World Series.


No, that is not an overuse of the exclamation point in the above paragraph. This was big and obviously not just big for me-big for a lot of people.  (You might remember that I predicted this in a previous post here.) Since then, I've been a bit at loose ends, not sure to what to do with myself.  Just FYI, I do know that I actually had nothing to do with the winning of the World Series, so I should not feel like I suddenly have nothing to do.  But I did watch every possible inning I could this season and would not change that for anything.  I should probably end up doing another post about this to try and attempt to explain what it meant to me.



Second of all: Work
I find myself elated and exhausted.  How can that be?  I don't know.  But it be, man.  It be.  If you want to find out what you're made of, make a work change.  And it's extremely important to find out what you're made of from time to time. 


Third of all... Halloween.  We've done trunk or treat since my kids were little. That worked great for a number of years when they were too small to walk very far or the weather was cold or rainy.  This year, we tried walking around our neighborhood, not sure how that would go since we've never done it.  It was awesome!  There were lots of people with their lights on this year, the weather was perfect, and the kids got a "buttload" (my son's word) of candy.


My Halloween decorations are second in the number of Rubbermaid tubs only to Christmas.  I like it that way.




This was also the year I decided to introduce my daughter to Young Frankenstein with the irreplaceable Gene Wilder passing away just weeks before.  I watched this movie a million times growing up (thanks to the free HBO we had for three years), but it had been a long time since I'd seen it.  For $10, the DVD arrived in two days from Amazon Prime.  It has lost NONE of its charm and laughs in the interim years. 


We had a wonderful day at a nearby pumpkin patch. It was a busy month, and I almost thought we might have to skip it. I didn't know if the kids would really miss it as they get older.  We made it the weekend just before Halloween, and I'm so glad we did.  I would have missed it for sure.






Here's to What's Up, Wednesday.  Welcome back, my friend.  I just realized as I scrolled through my camera roll I could have skipped all the words and just posted this picture to get you all caught up:



Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment