Image Map

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What's Up, Wednesday?

Getting this post in just under the wire this week...

What's up?  In a word: school.

I've seen all kinds of posts on social media this week about the excitement of school starting.  For me (a teacher of 21 years) I always think "excitement" is the wrong word.  To me, "anxiety" is a more accurate term.  I'm fine once we get going and the routine is in sight, but the build-up to the first day is always rough on me.  It's definitely an energy, but it's not one I thrive on.  It's one I try to survive.  That being said, I'm glad it's over and that "normal" is settling into place.  Just last night I sat down with my district calendar, my kids' school's calendar, and our family calendar to try to make it all come together.  Yikes.



Monday was the first day of school for me and my class.  Then on Tuesday, my kids started school.  It was a double whammy for me.  I'm happy to report all went well.



Every year, I take a picture of their new school shoes.  I'm not sure why I started this, but it's a tradition now.  So it's pretty much like one of those crazy outdated laws that are still on the books in some towns.  But it must be followed.





Over the weekend, I went into freezer storage meal mode, anticipating many busy nights once school is in full swing.  Instead of doing a big pan of lasagna, I divided the batch into three separate pans.  We ate one, one went to a neighbor who had neck surgery, and the other went in the bank for a crazy night when we're trying to juggle homework, dance class, and school meetings.  I also made a huge batch of the Pioneer Woman's spaghetti sauce with meat.  I ended up with five dinners in the freezer with that one.


Pictures of my freezer stocked like this make me so happy...



And last, but not least I finished this book last night.  



I was on a deadline since it was a short term loan from the library, (Note the angry red sticker telling me "Hurry up, loser!  Other people want to read this!") but I'm so glad I read it.   I loved the theme of discovering flaws in those you love and how that affects you as an adult.  Read it.




Kim   

No comments:

Post a Comment