Image Map

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Reading Receipt

Off to a New Year of Reading Receipts here on AAB!


This month I read Chronicles Volume One by Bob Dylan.  This was a Christmas gift I picked out when my husband realized that the special high top sneakers he ordered for me would not be here in time.  I've been a Bob Dylan fan for about 30 years, so I really enjoyed this.  His narrative writing somehow manages to reflect his lyric style.  I would have thought this was impossible, but no.  Never one to please the masses, Dylan doesn't talk a lot about how he wrote his most iconic songs. 


The second book I read this month was Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead.  Astonish Me, also by this writer, was one of the last books I read in 2016.  I really loved Astonish Me, and while Seating Arrangements was excellently crafted, it didn't grab me as much.  It's about a wedding among other things. I did feel like the characters (especially the main character) were drawn exceptionally well.  

That's it for this month.  Onward to February!

No comments:

Post a Comment